Information on Protection of Personal Data
Professor Dr. Semih Keskil and his practice team (called Doctor’s Office), we attach great importance to the security of your personal data. We maintain all kinds of personal data shared by our patients so as to take care of patient privacy and to take all necessary technical and administrative measures to ensure the appropriate level of security for your personal data.
This “Information About the Protection of Personal Data” explains how we collect, transfer, use and protect your personal data; and our protection and processing policy during the services performed by the Doctor’s Office.
1. Personal Data Collected by the Doctor’s Office.
We collect various information from our patients within the framework of the health services we provide. This information is collected in accordance with the data processing principles and conditions in the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (KVKK). The following may be included in the information we collect from you for the purposes described in Section 2 below:
• Your name and surname,
• Your ID number, passport number,
• Place and date of birth,
• Your telephone number,
• E-Mail Address,
• Your patient protocol number which is specific to you,
• Your financial information, such as payment and billing information,
• Your private health insurance and social security information,
• In general, your biometric and genetic data,
• Your laboratory results,
• Test, and diagnostic results,
• Medical examination data,
• Your health data including but not limited to your prescription information,
• Mail, phone, fax, e-mail and other channels that you share with us when you reach us.
2. Objectives for Processing Your Personal Data
In accordance with the KVKK, the personal data we collect within the scope of the services you receive from us is processed for a variety of purposes, including:
• Fulfilment of our legal regulations due to Law No. 3359 on Health Services and Decree Law No. 663 on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Health and its Subsidiaries, Regulation on Private Health Institutions for Diagnosis and Treatment of Outpatients, Regulation on Processing of Personal Health Data and Ensuring Privacy, etc.
• Public health protection, preventive medicine, medical diagnosis, treatment and care services, planning and management of financing health services;
• Providing you with information about your appointment if you receive an appointment;
• Planning and managing the organisation of Doctor’s Office,
• Analysing your use of health services to improve the services we provide;
• Verifying your identity;
• Verifying your relationship with contracted institutions;
• To respond to the requests of the Ministry of Health and other public institutions and organizations in accordance with the applicable legislation;
• Responding to questions or complaints about our services;
• Compliance with the internal policies and principles of the Doctor’s Office;
• Measuring patient satisfaction after receiving health services in order to increase patient satisfaction
• Contacting you for information about our services;
• Supply of medicines or medical devices.
However, your personal data will not be used for any commercial purpose except as required by the activities listed above and the relevant legislation.
3. People and Organizations to whom Your Personal Data may be Transferred to
In accordance with the provisions of Section 2 above, your personal data may be transferred, while all necessary technical and administrative measures are taken to ensure the appropriate level of security in accordance with the KVKK and relevant health legislation, to relevant legislation or organizations stated in Regulation No. 3359 Basic Law on Health Services, Decree Law No. 663 on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Health and its Subsidiaries, Regulation on Private Health Institutions for Diagnosis and Treatment of Outpatients, Regulation on Processing of Personal Health Data and Ensuring Privacy; and other private insurance companies, auditors, consultants, work partners, domestic / foreign institutions and other third parties with whom we cooperate to carry out our activities in a contractual manner..
4. Legal Reason and Method of Data Collection
Your personal data are processed within the legal limits for the necessary legislations and the requirements of the company’s operations in accordance with the Law on Tax Procedures and to inform you about electronic promotional campaigns and promotional campaigns and to provide you with better quality products and services, within the framework of the Law on the Regulation of Electronic Commerce, Your Personal Data are processed in a way that is limited, deliberate and necessary for specific, clear and legitimate purposes in accordance with law and good faith.
Your personal data are collected in any face-to-face interview, telephone-teleconferencing-video conferencing, written or electronic form in order to fulfil the contractual and statutory obligations of the Doctors Office under the above mentioned objectives and processed in accordance with articles 5 and 6 of the Law No. 6698 of the following legal reasons.
• Your consent,
• Explicitly foreseen in law,
• If you are unable to disclose your consent due to impossibility, or if your consent is not known to be legally valid, whenever obliged to protect the life or body integrity of you or anyone else.
• Processing of personal data related to the establishment or performance of a contract,
• It is compulsory for our legal obligations to be fulfilled,
• The data being publicized by the person concerned,
• Data processing is mandatory for the establishment, use or protection of a right,
• It is mandatory for our legitimate interests, without prejudice to your fundamental rights and freedom,
• Personal data on health and sexual life can only be processed by persons or competent authorities and organizations under the obligation of secrecy and only for the purpose of planning public health protection, preventive medicine, medical diagnosis, treatment and care services, planning and management of financing health services and.
5. Your Rights to Your Personal Data
To the extent that your personal data is processed by the Doctor’s Office as data keeper, your rights are as follows under Article 11 of the KVKK;
a) To learn whether any personal data has been processed;
b) Requesting information on the processing activities of your personal data;
c) Learning the purposes of processing your personal data;
d) Learn these persons if they have been transferred to third parties at home or abroad;
e) Requesting correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing;
f) Request the deletion or destruction of personal data if the Doctors Office does not have a legal basis or legitimate interest in order to process such data or the reasons for the processing of personal data are eliminated
g) To appeal against the results of the processing of personal data through automated systems;
h) You have the right to claim damages if you suffer a loss due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.
Pursuant to Article 13 (1) of the KVKK, you may submit your request regarding the use of your rights mentioned above to the Doctor’s Office by the written or other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. Since the Personal Data Protection Board has not specified any method at this stage, you must submit your application in writing in accordance with the KVKK. In this context, the procedures and channels to which you will submit your application in writing within the scope of the Article 11 of the Law shall be explained below.
In order to use your rights mentioned above, you can fill in the form at www.semihkeskil.com on your request, containing the information you need to use your rights mentioned in Article 11 of KVKK and take a signed copy personally by hand to the address Bestekar Sokak No: 65/21 Kavaklıdere /ANKARA together with your ID. You can also send the related form via a notary public or other methods mentioned in the KVKK and also forward from your registered e-mail address; or if you have previously reported to the Doctor’s Office through the channel [email protected] .
The Doctor’s Office will conclude the request as soon as possible and free of charge within thirty days at the latest. However, if the transaction requires an additional cost, the fee will be charged by the Doctor’s Office at the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.