Before naming your situation as a “failed back surgery syndrome” just stop and think:
- Didn’t any one of the doctors who offered you surgery allocated to you half an hour of assessment time and gave you their opinion in written form?
- Did your surgeon who decided on the operation just wanted MR images and did not want other examinations such as your standing x-rays, blood tests, electrical nerve measurements or computerized tomography?
- Did you choose your surgeon who performed your operation with kith and kin advice?
- Was the most important factor that directed your choice was the amount of money to be withdrawn from your pocket?
- Didn’t the surgeon who performed your surgery spare you half an hour in order to inform you about what you will do after the operation?
If the answer to all of these questions is “yes”, this time be careful; it is still not late, but this time your surgeon may be your last chance. Think again …