- Do you offer MR report consultation, or can I send a CD so as to be commented upon…
- Are the given medication and MR report adequate?
- I want to come to Ankara if you look at my results and decide that I can be treated.
- Is there a pituitary deficiency in my brain according to my brain MR?
- The doctor was very surprised, he said that even though I looked very healthy with no pain, my MR was very bad …
- My dad has had three operations, can you take a look at the MRs that were taken recently?
I suppose you understand that by only reading the MR report or seeing the films, without patiently listening, making a thorough examination and completing other tests; it would not make sense to suggest anything about how to treat the patient. Even if there are surgeons who do so, it is probably the reason why the patients who are not satisfied with their surgeries done have increased nowadays. I’m not one of those doctors, fortunately.
- Can I give you my number, what is yours?
- Which day are you available?
- How can I get to your office if I come to Ankara?
- If we come, do we have to bring the old MR results?
- We have not gotten any result from the doctors here, we cannot reach the old doctor since she is retired; what should we do?
You can contact my secretary for such information.
- Can you recommend a doctor in our city?
- Is there a competent name in Istanbul that you can suggest?
- In which hospital are you working?
- Can I come to your hospital?
I’m a private practice physician and I do not work in any hospital. I see my patients at my office and if I am going to do surgery, I hire various private hospitals in Ankara. Unfortunately, using the government reimbursement or the SGK channel; you do not have a chance to reach me. But of course I can direct you to experienced surgeons in big cities.
- I want to get your opinion.
- Which path should I follow in your opinion?
- Would you like to see if this child might grow up to live normally?
Without patiently listening, making a thorough examination and completing some tests; it would not make sense to suggest anything about how to really treat the patient. I am sorry.
- Is the cave of septum pellucidum disease deadly?
- Everything is normal in my MR result except …….
Everything seen in the examination should be written while reporting radiological tests. Sometimes there may be some phrases about the normal structural differences between people. If your doctor tells you that there are no problems with the report and the examinations, or if the report is saying normal in the conclusion section; chasing after the words in the text will only help you to lose your serenity.